Hey Lovelies! I have some pretty awesome news and it’s that The Mind of Court has just been nominated for the Liebster Award!
Now with myself being quite new to the blogging scene you could definitely guess my surprise, and uncontrolled giddiness when I received a message from Eu from Where is Eu? telling me she had nominated me for the Liebster Award. It was my first time realizing that Hey? Maybe I can actually do this blogging thing.
So I would like to start off by saying a big Thank You to Eu from Where is Eu? for nominating me for this award, you have made my week! Everyone reading this post, STOP right now and go check this girl out her blog is seriously amazing! Can’t get enough of her blog? Be sure to check out her Instagram for beautiful photos from her most recent travel experiences.
What is the Liebster Award?
Now you may be thinking to yourself what is the Liebster Award? Never fear I am here to tell you! The Liebster Award is a perpetual chain of nominations, where established bloggers will encourage and support the new ones by promoting them through this award.
The rules are as follows:
- Post the award on your blog so everybody knows how awesome you are.
- Publicly thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer their questions about yourself, feel free to add photos!
- Nominate 5 – 10 people with less than 1000 followers, inform them via social media.
- Write your own set of questions for your nominees.
- Feel good about yourself for winning an award and passing it on.
Here are my answers to Eu’s questions:
- Who (blogger or not) inspired you to start blogging?
I don’t actually have anyone that inspired me to start blogging. My journey into the blogging world came about purely because I wanted to start blogging as a hobby. I wanted to create a space to share my experiences and the things currently happening in my life for myself and if others wanted to read it too that was fine by me!
2. Name three things you cannot travel without.
iphone, sunglasses, & my white converse
3. Choose a place on every continent.
North America – Seattle, Washington, South America – Santiago, Chile, Asia – Hoi An, Vietnam, Europe – Copenhagen, Denmark, Africa – Cairo, Egypt, Australia – Broome, WA, Antarctica – Deception Island
4. Backpack or Carry-on luggage?
Carry-on! I have done many a trip with a backpack or duffle and overall I always hate carrying it so I am switching and investing in a rolling carry-on bag.
5. Do you investigate some culturally related stuff before traveling? (like traditions, taboos, religious festivities, etc.)
Yes! When traveling I want to do what the locals do, so I try and research as much as possible before hand because I don’t just want to “see” a new place I want to immerse myself and do a little more than just the tourist attractions.
6. And what about the language? Do you prepare or learn some sentences? (why/why not?)
I have yet to travel to a place where they speak a different language, but yes I think in my upcoming trip to Europe I will try and learn a few phrases.
7. What are your top three blogs you are reading?
8. Where do you see yourself living in ten years?
This is the question of my life! I recently moved to Australia so I think I will probably still be here, but I definitely want to move to Europe just has to be when the time is right!
9. Tell us something that people might not know about you.
I have a blog… This may seem weird, but only two of my close friends know that I have a blog. No one else not even my family. I was a bit shy to let them know I was starting one, but recently I have been toying with the idea of letting the cat out of the bag.
10. Share your favorite travel quote and why you like it.
This quote really speaks to me, because I used to be one of those people who said I will do it later. I was making excuses why I couldn’t travel to places right now i.e I didn’t have enough money, not the right time of the year, or I’d miss out on something that was happening back home. Well after 4 years of college and not studying abroad I realized I had wasted four years of when I would have had the ideal chance to travel. After that I decided I wasn’t going to keep putting things off anymore. So that is one of the reasons why its the tagline of my blog and why I’m in Australia and have how I was able to plan trips to the USA, Canada, & Europe for 2017!
A Jaunt With Joy, is a travel & outdoor lifestyle blog that provides tips and inspiration for the outdoorsy and eco-conscious travelers
Panda & a Passport, Cecilies’s blog has the mission to create an inspiring and informative universe of travel destinations and other travel tips with a minimalistic design. You will read posts about beach holidays, cities and fashion/lifestyle blogs of what to bring and wear to the destinations you are traveling too.
KiwiontheLoose, Sarah’s blog will tell you about her latest travels and she showcases them through her beautiful photographs. Sarah writes for herself and if others enjoy what she posts then she is happy that they have gotten to enjoy and learn from her travels.
Aye Wanderful , Ameeta is a London-based blogger and her blog Aye Wanderful will inspire you with a bunch of travel stories, beautiful pictures and London lifestyle posts.
Nomadic Hippie 2.0, As a Nature-lover, she mainly focuses on outdoor activities and adventures, like trekking or sailing. Nomadic Hippie 2.o is passionate about sharing her many work exchange experiences with Wwoof, Workaway, and now house sitting too!
Luxury Backpack, Features ‘luxury’ travels on a backpacker budget. Emily’s ethos is that you can travel in comfort and style to fabulous destinations without spending more. You just have to be savvy, learn a thing or two, and travel smarter!”
Travel With Blanca, Blanca started her blog as a way to remember her travels and help others who live as digital nomads. It’s not an easy lifestyle for everyone, but can certainly be rewarding for those who want to experience the world.
The Mindful Mermaid, is a mindful travel and lifestyle blog, where Alex shares her experiences and travel guides from Croatia, Chicago and beyond.
Questions for My Nominees:
- What trip ignited your love of traveling?
- If you could move to any of the places you have visited where would it be and why?
- What is your favorite season to travel?
- Do you blog for fun or do you want to make something out blogging?
- How often do you plan trips abroad?
- Out of all the places, you have visited which has the best coffee?
- Have you ever gone on a spontaneous trip? Where?
- Name one item off your bucketlist that you plan to check off this year?
- How old were you when you started blogging?
- If you have ever travelled solo what was the coolest thing you did?
It has been heaps of fun discovering new blogs and connecting with other awesome bloggers. When you’ve posted your answers please share the link in the comments below, or tag me on social media, I’d love to read them. 🙂