Expat Life Travel

Sneak Peek: 2017 Travel Destinations

January 10, 2017
sneak peek

Now for me, this year has certainly started off with a bang! I wanted to share with you all a little sneak peek of the destinations planned this year to get you excited for what will be coming on the blog in the upcoming months. As you all know I work full-time and have a little side job on top of this blog. In total, I work 6 out of 7 days a week, but I still manage to find time to travel whether it be around my hometown or to another country. Now we all know that I would love to quit my job and travel the world, but unfortunately, that takes money and I happen to quite like my job. 🙂

What’s on Tap for this Year so Far?

1. Tasmania – February 2017

Patrick and I will be taking a road trip from Launceston to Hobart, driving down the east coast of Tasmania. Check it out HERE!

It’s one of Tassie’s most photographed natural landscapes, and it’s easy to see why with @tasmandigital’s image of The Neck at Bruny Island. In the distance is South Bruny Island; behind you is North Bruny Island. The Neck is the narrow strip of land that connects the two, and is home to Truganini Lookout – a vantage point at the top of 238 steps that offers 360-degree views across Adventure Bay, Bruny Island and the D’Entrecasteaux Channel: the body of water that separates Bruny Island from the Tassie mainland. The Neck is also an important habitat for Bruny’s native wildlife including Short-tailed shearwaters and Little penguins. Viewing platforms allow you to witness their return to their burrows at dusk. Thanks for tagging us, guys!

A post shared by Discover Tasmania (@tasmania) on

2. New Zealand – March 2017

This trip was literally not planned until yesterday! Our boss has told us that we would now be attending our companies Annual Scientific Meeting in New Zealand. We have decided to take a few days before hand to explore a little bit of New Zealand.

The city and the sea. #NZMustDo [📍Auckland, North Island. 📷: @simonhird] #Travel #NewZealand #NZ #Nature

A post shared by New Zealand (@purenewzealand) on

3. USA – May 2017

My best friend is getting married!! I will be going back to my hometown in the Maryland and then to Charleston, SC to visit my family and maybe a few other places.

4. Europe – October 2017

This was our original big trip that we have planned for this year (before the above mentioned came along). We will be taking 4 weeks to explore Europe and all it has to offer. As we are still in the planning stage we have not singled out which countries we will be visiting yet, but hopefully soon! 🙂

Exploring new places in Prague 🔍🚶 Who wants to go with me? 🙋 4/1/2017

A post shared by Prague every day ♡ (@praguetoday) on

This year will be one for my record books, I will no doubt be visiting the most countries I ever have before in one year! I am so excited for what 2017 has to bring and the new adventures that Patrick and I will be having. Whoever said you can’t travel a lot and work a full-time job was lying to you. I am here to show you that it is possible to travel and work full-time.

XX Court

You Might Also Like

21 Comments

• Reply Vibeke January 10, 2017 at 9:44 am

What a great post! I always wanted to go to New Zealand. I have only been to European countries that you listed here. You should not miss out of Norway, my country is really beautiful especially from May- August :DI reckon that is the best time to travel to Europe, weather wise xD It will be a lot of tourists though, especially July and August. Are planning on going to Europe by interrail? 😀

• Reply Court January 10, 2017 at 10:05 am

We are not sure yet! Still in the planning phase, but I have considered the train as a great mode of transportation 🙂

• Reply Foirell January 10, 2017 at 10:05 am

This is going to be amazing! All amazing countries! not been to Tasmania or New Zealand but I have heard great things. Definitely come to London!

Foirell | http://www.citygirlrell.com

• Reply Court January 10, 2017 at 10:06 am

Yes! London is literally on the top of my list 🙂 I have been wanting to get over to the UK and Europe for so long. It feels like a dream that it is actually happening this year! I can’t wait 🙂

• Reply Ashley B. January 10, 2017 at 12:41 pm

So exciting! These are some awesome trips you have lined up!

• Reply Amanda January 10, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Wow what a year ahead… that’s really globe trotting! While you’re in Europe why not come and see us in Greece?

• Reply Court January 11, 2017 at 11:20 am

I’d love to visit Greece! Still in the planning phase we will have to see how much we can fit into four weeks!

• Reply Kandja Sylla January 11, 2017 at 10:14 am

Wow Court, this is one inspiring post especially for people who loves to travel! I like that you can have a full-time job and yet pursue the passion in travelling. Excited for your new adventures with Patrick this 2017! xx

• Reply Court January 11, 2017 at 11:20 am

Thanks Kandja!

• Reply Edward Traversa January 11, 2017 at 10:48 am

I am thinking of shifting to Tasmania as my home, I will look forward to seeing what you post on Launceston in the future. The other places you plan to visit would lend themselves to fantastic experiences.

• Reply Court January 11, 2017 at 11:19 am

Hi Eddy! I will be visiting Launceston at the end of February the posts should come shortly after 🙂

• Reply Kelly January 12, 2017 at 3:36 am

Wow this sounds amazing! Im super jealous! Ive always wanted to go to New Zealand! We’re planning a trip to Aspen… not quite as exotic as all of your plans but i’m still excited. You’re inspiring me to travel to new places!

• Reply Court January 12, 2017 at 7:18 am

Aspen is still awesome! I haven’t been there before, but I did go to Colorado once when I was 14. Just remember you don’t have to travel to exotic place, the things that you think are normal may be exotic to others 🙂 I’m glad I can inspire you !

• Reply Charlotte January 12, 2017 at 7:32 am

It’s always so fun to read about other people’s travel plans! Georgia is at the top pf my list for 2017. Don’t miss out on Poland and Slovenia, both gorgeous and super cheap 😉

• Reply Alissa January 12, 2017 at 7:32 am

This sounds AMAZING!!! I’m so jealous and can’t wait for you to keep us posted!

• Reply Dionna January 12, 2017 at 9:21 am

Tasmania! For one because the name is cool and two, I actually know nothing about this country. Let’s do it!

• Reply Allie @ Work From Home, Mom! January 12, 2017 at 4:54 pm

Europe <3 I can't wait till we can get over there! 🙂

• Reply Janella January 13, 2017 at 8:16 am

Looks like 2017 is going to be an exciting year for you! Good Luck

• Reply Court January 16, 2017 at 7:18 am

Thanks Janella!

• Reply Kendel @ Little Misadventures January 15, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Eeeep, New Zealand made it on the list! That’s so exciting! You’ll love my little country. It is absolutely beautiful!

• Reply Court January 16, 2017 at 7:18 am

I can’t wait! I am so excited to visit!