Australia Travel

Bay of Fires at Binalong Bay

March 1, 2017
binalong bay 5

The Bay of Fires

When I first read about the Bay of Fires I immediately knew I had to visit if we ever traveled to Tasmania. The striking orange rocks against the crystal clear, aqua blue water always seemed like something out of a movie. There is no way that could be real? The ocean can’t possibly look that good all the time…. Well, I have to say I was ecstatic when we pulled up to Binalong Bay and I saw that aqua blue water. It was real and all I wanted to do was swim!

Unfortunately, the water and the outside temperature were both a bit too cold for me to get in (I even brought my goggles and snorkel just for this occasion). Even though we had an overcast day, I still managed to get some pretty cool pictures. Patrick and I bought a new camera, an Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870 (that can go underwater! so cool) a couple weeks ago, and I have been dying to try it out. Below there are a few underwater photos (all taken with the new camera 🙂 ) of some pretty cool starfish. I can say that the new camera is great for both underwater shots and landscapes, I just need to keep fiddling with it a bit more, but all my photos taken on the camera turned out great!

Binalong bay

binalong bay 12

binalong bay 10

binalong bay 5

binalong bay 6

binalong bay 8

Bay of fires

Hope you enjoyed the photos from the Bay of Fires at Binalong Bay! Next stop is Bicheno, Coles Bay & Freycinet National Park!

XX Court

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply Jade March 2, 2017 at 12:18 pm

These photos are amazing! Looks like a really cool place! And that underwater camera takes great photos! 🙂

• Reply Amanda March 2, 2017 at 12:47 pm

Wow~! This is so gorgeous… maybe one day…

• Reply Glogeworld March 3, 2017 at 7:15 am

Omg! The views are Beautiful! Thanks for sharing

• Reply Dave March 4, 2017 at 4:10 am

Wow, what a beautiful spot! I love the orange in the rocks, they look stunning. The water looks amazing too!

• Reply Rachel Pearson April 8, 2017 at 6:42 pm

I’ve not heard of the Bay of Fires but now I’m hooked! The colours are insane, I’m glad you found them to be like that in real life! It does look a bit cold though, I don’t think that I would have taken a swim either. Also your new camera takes some fab underwater shots!!

• Reply Court April 8, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Thanks Rachel! If the sun was out I think it would have been warm enough to get in the water. It look amazing I was so bummed I couldn’t get in.

• Reply Faith Coates April 8, 2017 at 6:52 pm

Never heard of the place but I have to say your new camera works a treat may take that up as a recommendation.

• Reply Vedante | The Lavish Nomad April 9, 2017 at 9:18 pm

The pictures are amazing! Love the coastline and the colour of the water is stunning.

• Reply Priya April 13, 2017 at 2:37 am

Beautiful pictures, Thanks for taking us on this virtual tour of Bay of Fires. Those red tones of the rocks against the blue waters is simply stunning

• Reply Boating Around Bruny Island - The Mind of Court April 19, 2017 at 7:55 am

[…] I am going to say that Bruny Island is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been and the color of the water was amazing. All the photos where we are on the cruise were taken with my new camera, which I talked about back in this post. […]